Sunday, November 26, 2006

Walking in a heavy fall of snow.

Staying at home for nearly two days, I decided to go out and had a walk although snow was still falling. After putting on thick clothes, hat, and gloves, I went outside. I thought these thick clothes could prevent me from the cold weather. However, I was wrong. The cold wind blowing snow fluttering in the sky was freezing. I felt cold air go through my clothes; nevertheless, I didn’t go back, for I saw footprints stepped on the ground not long ago. I looked around and witnessed a man making a snowman. I, shivering, could not stop in one place for long. I started to walk again. Just when passing a crossing, I noticed a jeep stop working. The driver trying to restart the jeep wondered why that could happen. As soon as going out of the jeep, he knew the reason. I continued to walk. Two magpies, fluttering their wings, flew across my sight. Although curious, I had to walk forward. I told God the unfair thing that men dressing thick clothes shivered in the cold wind, whereas magpies wearing no clothes flew freely and fearlessly in the sky. God counterclaimed that men could live in warm house while magpies had to suffer the cold wind. Finally I arrived my destination--co-op. It was warm inside the company. I didn’t shiver anymore and start to shop.

3 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

It has been so cold lately. There are two pigeons that have a nest in the Sunnyside C-Train station, and I always check on them in the mornings when I am coming to school. I'm worried they'll freeze to death. They are always really fluffy when I see them. I guess they are trying to stay warm.

Kevin.L said...

pigeons..lol

Katie said...

It's neat to see how you view the cold, I've always just lived with it.

Speak English at home!!!