Monday, November 13, 2006

My high school
I open my album today, and I see the group pictures of graduating classes in 2006 that lead me to recall my high school. My high school is Da Qing experimental school. The area of our school is not smaller than that of U of C. There are several main buildings that locate on campus. They are the teaching building, the experimental building, dormitory, gym, and the dinning hall. The teaching building is the biggest building. It has 11 floors. The lowest 4 floors are for classrooms. My grade has 30 classes, so you can imagine how many classroom there are in the teaching building. In the center of the teaching building, there is a bright and broad hall. The sunshine goes through the glass roof and lights every corner of the hall. Many students enjoy communicating with each other while they are entertaining themselves with the warmth and brightness of the hall. The teaching building, the dinning hall, and the dormitory are three places to which I go necessarily every day. Where I appreciate most, however, is our playground, for there are 32 basketball backboards and a modern 400 meters lap. There is not a day that I don’t exercise there, and so do my classmates.


All of us have ten classes every day except Sunday. Every class lasts 40 minutes. Then there will be a 10 minutes break before the next class starts. I usually take advantage of the break time to have a walk. There are 60 students in our class. The classroom seems so small. Our seats are squeezed together tightly. My condition is a little better, for I sit in the back row that contains the least students of all the rows. We study 6 different kinds of main courses totally. All of these courses are in our everyday schedule; therefore, we are usually left with piles of assignments after the day classes. We do our assignments in the night classes from 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm. I return to the dormitory at 10:30. Some of the aspiring students may study till late night. However, not all the students who achieve high marks study till the late night. They must own some strategic methods of studying and study efficiently.

The motto of our school is excavating every student’s potentiality that can be an incomparably huge power that is buried deeply. Every Monday our headmaster announces the school motto in his summary of last week when the ritual of raising national flag and singing national song is finished. I cannot forget the grand scene that all students stand in straight lines and rows listening to the headmaster’s speech. My high school enriches my mind with abundant useful knowledge and tells me much of the philosophy of life. I miss my high school much.

2 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

It sounds like you are feel nostalgic for the old days. Students certainly study hard in your high school in China. That must be why you are doing so well in my class :-)

Uly said...

I have just received a notice of my high school's getting together, and of course, I will go! the 55th graduates are about 360 all, so I wonder how many of them can come:) It is in Feb, oh Im lookin forward to it!