Saturday, November 18, 2006

My favorite computer game

My favorite computer game is chess. When I am playing chess with others on the Internet, I totally immerse myself in the game and forget everything else. Chess is so fascinating to me because chess embodies many philosophies of real life.

First, chess symbolizes to march forward towards your goals. If I am playing chess, it is obvious that I will dedicate to killing the emperor of my opponent. Therefore, all of my soldiers should aim at the goal and advance courageously

However, sometimes marching forward is not smooth. At that point, defending well is necessary, for the enemies are not so stupid that they won’t place any obstacle before your soldiers. They usually design lots of traps for your soldiers. Furthermore, they are peeping at your royal palace all the time. They could attack at any time, so removing interior weaknesses and strengthen the power of your kingdom in advance are guarantees of final success. As somebody once said that defending well equaled to attacking.

Patience is imperative to play chess well. You can imagine how hard for competitors to decide just one movement of the piece when competitors are trapped into stalemate, because a small neglect is enough to lead to the failure of the whole competition. Under that circumstance, it is a good test of competitors’ capability of preciseness of reaction and endurance.

I like chess because chess embodies life philosophies that include marching towards your goals, strengthening the power of yourself in advance, and being patient all the time. All of these are the keys to success.

6 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

I used to love playing chess. There used to be a coffee shop by my house where you could buy a cup of coffee and hang out there for hours. We used to play chess while we drank coffee . . . but now that coffee shop has closed down . . .

Megan said...

Wow your comparison of chess and philosophies of real life was very impressive. It really got me thinking

Katie said...

I have only played chess once before, perhaps I shall give it another try.

Ashlyn Walden said...

I like to play online poker and crib. I never learned how to play chess, it seems complicated but I am sure I would like it if someone took the time to teach me and I had the time to learn.

Kevin.L said...

Hey,I used like play Chess with my grandpa @.@.

evil_sheep said...

wow amazing... never know that you know chess.
but what chess do you play? chinese one or the international one?
i have been playing the chinese chess since i was in grade 4.
for the western chess... um... i learned it several months ago in my high school calculus class lol