Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Since I came to Canada, it has been very difficulty to have exercises any more. Because my house is near downtown, there is no play ground near my house. The nearest place for exercising is those bicycle roads along the Bow River. But it still takes me 15 minutes to get there. And there will be little time left for me to exercise. I just curl at home after school is over and read some books. All the days are same. I guess I will become a real penguin reader soon. I remember those good days in which I played with my friends in china. Whenever I went to the playing ground that was right besides the building of my home, I could join one basketball team and enjoyed myself in playing basketball. Because we were all ardent competitor, and we all emerged ourselves in the game. When a person threw in a wonderful ball, the audiences all around the ground wound give them big applause and cheers, and he would of course became the super star of that day. I used to dream to become a star too, but nobody appreciated my poor skill. However I really felt that I was confident and energetic at that time, and I usually played until my sweater was all wet by sweat. Having compared those old days and new days, I feel urge to buy a bicycle, and god really sent me one, for I spent 30 $ buying a second hand bike which was in good condition last Sunday. I was so excited that I couldn’t help myself trying it on. So I risked my bike along the Bow River on Monday. I drove in fastest speed of my capacity, because I eventually found time to release myself from those boring days. I drove so fast that I could hear wind passing me quickly. I was enjoying the beautiful scenery of tall trees and golden fallen leaves when the road in front of me suddenly turned right in almost a right angle. Although I realized what had happened and turned right abruptly, I couldn’t control my bike any more, and it threw me to the ground. My arms and legs were hurt, and I had to curl at home for at least three days to recover.

5 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

I saw your hand in our extra tutoring class the other day. I was worried about you! I hope your hand is feeling better!

Carolyn said...

Hey there
I know how you feel about the transit issue in your previous blog; I do not have a car, and when you have to go shopping or have to carry a lot of bags, it is hard; especially when it's raining. I sometimes feel like people are laughing at me too, as they drive by. But, what I do is play my MP3 player with my earphones, and try to enjoy the time I have to myself. Sometimes having the time to watch people out the window of a bus or train without them knowing is nice; just to see them being normal. But having a bike will help you out a lot, as long as you don't speed like a crazy person!!! Keep safe! It's hard to type (or write) with a broken hand!!!
- Carolyn(the crazy student teacher)

caleb said...

what a huge blog...~ Now you looks well, right?

Kevin.L said...

I want go back China, Missing good days in China toooo... :<

Ms Tsang said...

I think there is a gym at the University that you can gain access to, as well. Its a relatively reasonable price, if not free. Many students go to the gyms (for team sports), or for individual weight training as well.